Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Second Coming of Jesus

This topic is very interesting to me because when I heard a sermon about it on Sunday it gave me a sense of urgency inside of me to love people more and tell people about Jesus.  I also thought about being more intentional with people whether it's hanging out with non-Christians at the gym, friends from high school or college, or people at missional community.
  Another thing I thought of, I need to be more cognizant of people around me I think I need to serve my friends and family even with the little things in life.  I think God wants to just to get to know people in a more relational way.
 In the passage in Matthew 24 from which Jesus talked about his second coming, Jesus says in verse 36 nobody knows the time or place that he himself will come again only his Father in heaven knows.  From verse 36-50, talks about how God is control of when his Son will come again.
  This truth is very relevant in my life right now with the whole job/life situation.  I'm trying to make sure I know what I'm good and love, then pursue that.  I also need to remind myself God is in control.  In the past I used to get frustrated at certain situations in life since this summer God keeps reminding that he IS in control and has a bigger plan for my life.  He will lead me back to where he wants me if I stray off the course, though that is a topic for another blog about God's will.
 It's crazy to know he is in control of everything in our lives, world leaders and events, and even when his Son Jesus Christ comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive