Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Maturity in Christ

I didn't really think about this topic until the past week or so, it just feels like God is revealing to me he wants me to write about this important topic to me.
  Here's a little summary of what Maturity in Christ is from Discovery this summer: trusting God 1. more quickly and 2. with more situations because of his faithfulness in the past.  I feel like I have matured in Christ from this summer at Dicipleship Focus.  This fall, I have been able to trust with my job/life situation quicker than I did with difficult situations in the past.  He also revealed to me to trust him through another difficult situation in my life in a friendship with someone and helped me grow/mature through it all.
  In regards to the job/life situation he just wanted me to let go of trying to do it on my own and trust him with it all because he is in control of my life.  He just wanted me to surrender/give him control of my life.  I need to remind myself of that daily, to surrender things in my life and he will take care of it all.
With the struggle with the friendship, he just wanted me to not worry about it and let him take care of it.  He wanted to remind me the struggle in the friendship with that person that he knows what's best for me in the long run.
 I saw from other situations in the past God brought me through, like my car wreck in the past, that he has a bigger plan in our life and uses those difficult situations for his glory to conform his to his image.  I'm just grateful that my small group from this summer helped me grow and mature in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive