Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Romans 8:28-29

I never really thought of this verse much this summer until in I heard it in Chapter 4 of Discovery at D-Focus.
  The verse goes like this Romans 8:28-29, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to his Son, that he might be firstborn among many brothers."  I never thought about it until this summer, that God put events in our life he would use to conform us to his image so we would be like him.
  Another verse that pertains to that topic is Phillipians 1:6, the says God will keep working through us until the day of Christ Jesus.  It's crazy that God used a trial in my life to help me realize my desperate dependence on him for all things in life.  He used my crazy car wreck to my junior year of high school and my struggles associated with that leading up to the beginning of my senior year when I started reading the Bible again, to help me realize that I need him more than anything.
  He also used a recent situation when I struggled in my friendship with a person I really cared about to conform me to his image.   He made me realize through this situation that I have to be more patient with people.  I think he wanted me to utilize self-control better in my life in situations and be more receptive to the other person's needs in that situation.  His purpose in our lives is to conform us to HIS image and for that I am thankful for.  I also love that we have a God that doesn't need us but wants wants with all we are and all we have.
His plans are bigger than us, I have to remind myself of that daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive