Followers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Amon G Carter stadium and Frog's Rose Bowl berth

Today I am blogging about the TCU stadium renovation and the Frogs berth in the Rose Bowl.  I will chronicle my favorite games at TCU that I attended as a student or in general.
 My first moment of Amon Carter stadium was in 2006, the year before I transferred to TCU I saw the Frogs beat Texas Tech in a defensive showdown with a bunch of field goals.
  My favorite game as a student was last year's game against Utah, with a sold out Amon Carter stadium of 50,000 people and College Gameday there in the morning.  I went to Gameday at six in the morning from my duplex that day and later saw Lee Corso put on the SuperFrog head, which was awesome.  TCU destroyed the Utah Utes later that day 55-28. I also got to go onto the field after the game and celebrate with the team.
  My second favorite game as a student was on October 16, 2008 when we ended BYU's perfect season with a 32-7 win over the Cougars with Jerry Hughes picking up four sacks in that game.  My third favorite moment, was earlier in that year when we played Stanford and it rained like crazy during the game.
 This year as an alumni I got to go to the soldout TCU vs Air Force game on Homecoming in which we dominated 38-7. This year, I also got to go to the TCU vs Oregon state game at the new Cowboys stadium, it was really cool just to being in that massive stadium and watching us beat a Pac 10 team.
The new stadium could very well be the Camden yards of college football, the designs look impressive so far.  I can't wait for what new crowds will bring in the Big East and our completed stadium in 2012.  Despite going undefeated this season, it's still a great accomplishment to go to the Rose Bowl on January 1st and face Wisconsin.
 Go Frogs! I can't wait to finish off this season strong and what it would mean to these seniors if we won.  Who knows we may even finish #2 in the country.  Proud to be a Horned Frog- Snoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive