Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

God is in control of my life

Today I will be blogging about how God is in control of my life.  I know he is in control because he has brought me through some of the most frustrating and difficult circumstances in my life.
 He has brought me through the difficult circumstance of a car wreck and used the situation to comform me to his image.  He changed my circumstances and plans this fall leading me to Dicipleship Focus this summer.  He closed a door that I thought would be the best for me and opened a new one up, the opportunity to grow in him at D-focus this summer when I had planned on doing a year-long internship at at Young Life camp.  He is incomparable, all-powerful, and holds all things together.
  In psalm 19 verses 1-4, David talks about God's greatness and describes it as this "the heavens declare the glory of the God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is speech or language where their voices is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
  Another verse that God has used in my life lately is 1st Chronicles 29:11.  Here it is, "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and power and the glory and majesty and the splender for everything in the heavens and earth is yours.  Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all."   God has reminded me time and time again that he is in control of this time in my life.  One last verse that talks about how God is in control is Colossians 1:15-20.  Verse 16 and 17 says this about his nature and how he breathed things into creation, "For by him all things were created : things in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, whether by thrones or powers or rulers or authorities, all things were created by him and for him."    "He is before all things and in him holds all things together."
 Colossians 16 and 17 perfectly shows how God is in control of everything in our life even kingdoms in other countries across the world. He is sovereign and in control of whatever I'm going through in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thank you Luke for reminding of the truth that God is in control.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive