Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Advent Season

Today's new blog post I will discuss Advent season upon us with Christmas around the corner.
  Advent season is when we wait expectantly for the coming of Jesus remembering how he came in a manger born of Mary to save us from our sinful nature.  I hope in this Advent season we can remember what Christ has done in our life and think of how much we need him as a Savior in our life.
 The Jewish people in that time hoped expectantly for a king and they got Jesus an eternal thing who became human so could be with us and also divine.  I thank God for leading me out of my sinful nature and using events in my life to conform me to his image.  I hope we can get back to what Christmas really means worshipping Jesus fully and out of this world of consumerism with buying and buying things.
 I didn't realize our religion of consumerism until I read the book Advent Conspiracy.  If we give less presents and more time relationally it will help us realize the true meaning of Christmas.   The people of this movement suggest giving to people that need it, giving gift cards and giving things to the charity of each person in your family's choice.  Well, that's my rant for the day.  Peace out friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive