Followers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

the year 2010

The year 2010 was a great one for me.
  From the snow days in February, where in Fort Worth it snowed 6-7 inches for two straight days and school got cancelled.  Some dubbed that time as DFW snow days.
  In March is my birthday usually then after that was the great Duke vs Butler game with Duke pulling through with the win.  In May, I graduated from university TCU.  Every was proud of me from my parents to friends to relatives.  I finally had made it after two years of community college and three years at TCU.  I walked across the stage next to a player named Daryl Washington who would go onto play in the NFL this year for the Arizona Cardinals and start at linebacker.
 God led me to Dicipleship Focus that summer where I grew in Christ a whole lot.  God led me to an awesome small group that summer that consisted of Dan Anderson, Keegan Evans, Carlyle Aguren, Jeremy Savage, Marty Martens, me, and Ray Pettigrew.  I titled the group "If you're a man you're a man." I had the best cabin, we performed the skit "Little Boys in White T-shirts," which was banned by Ann.  I've gotten to hang out with my best friend from the summer this fall Carlyle Aguren, which has been awesome.
  God showed me how much I need him, to desperately dependent on him for everything.  He reminded me that he is in control of my life through everything.  I've gone through some hard times this fall with job searching and trying to find the right place or job for me but I know God is in control and I have to keep presenting and abiding in Him.
 To cap off 2010 the TCU Horned Frogs win the Rose Bowl after a great season, becoming 13-0 with the win.  It was so awesome for us to come up with the win.  Our seniors became the winningst group in TCU history with 44 wins.  Andy Dalton was the all-time winning QB in school history.
  He represented himself so well on the big stage that was the Rose Bowl.  In was cool in his post-game of how he talked about how they were playing for the little guys of the world and quoted first Peter 5:6.  It says humble yourselves and you will be exalted.  I think that's what Andy and our seniors did they didn't complain about not getting into the title game, they worked hard all year and it paid off.  I am grateful for 2010!

2 comments:

  1. That's great Luke! It's encouraging to see the attitude you have as in Philippians 3:14, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." I pray that you find the right job and develop a confidence in God to meet your needs and be faithful to live a life to glorify Him. God bless you brother!

    Saman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, you inspire me every day. I love reading your blog and your Facebook comments/posts. It makes me smile to see the man you've become since you were in my fifth grade class so many years ago. I am so proud of you and the way you give God the glory. Love you! Miss Jo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive