Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

God will in our lives Part I

In this blog post I will be investigating God's will in our lives for our future and on a daily basis in general. In a book I started reading called Just Do Something Kevin DeYoung talks about the will of decree describing how God is in control of our lives.
  His will for us individually is to obey his Word/abide in him daily.  He wants an abiding, daily desperate dependence on Him for everything in our lives.   His will for us personally is very unique and he shows his personal will through his peace, changing circumstances, revealing himself to us.  The cool thing is about his will is that no matter how far we stray from his will he will always lead us back to where he wants to be or where he wants to go.
 A point about his will I enjoyed that if he just seek his kingdom, then he will take care our needs.  Too often, I and many others hope God will somehow reveal his will to me right here and now. Our grandparents generation never thought about God somehow revealing his will they just worked in the family business and married someone in their hometown.  It's also hard to discern God's will sometimes in life with which job to take or which person to marry and so on...
 I was challenged in reading this book so far to take a risk in regards to God's will and not obsess about the future but focus on God growing us inwardly.  I think that is what God was trying to do last spring when he led me to D-focus last summer by changing my circumstances. He showed me his personal will for me, for me to inwardly grow in him day to day and use those things I learned this summer to keep growing and maturing in Christ.
  At this point in my life being done with college I've had so many choices to make as far as which jobs to pursue or what I would be better at.  It's crazy that our generation has just so many choices to make.  Through reading the first couple chapters of this book it's simple that God just wants us to focus on him, growing us in him, and his kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive