Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Suffering/Trials Part III

 This blog post is about trials and suffering in our life.  I have come to the conclusion through reading this book, How can a good God let Bad things happen? and through going reading James that I just need to trust God and depend on him for everything in my life.
 I have to remind myself that he is in control of my life and he wants the best for my life.  I have to trust through whatever I'm going through in my life right now and know God is good through this hard time in my life.  With trust in God we can hold of to a certain level of faith in him, which will lead to maturity in Christ.  James 1:1-3 discusses in length.  James reminds us to if we endure or persevere during a trial we will gain this wisdom in maturity.
 In verse 12 of Chapter one, James says if we gain this wisdom  from enduring during a trial then we will receive the "crown of life" or eternal life in Christ Jesus.  This is why Jesus calls us to cling to him during the hard times despite what the world may say or call us to do.
 We must die to our self and give up/control to God in our lives daily.  We have to wean out every desire to fall prey to worldly ways during hard times and desperately, depend on God in our daily abiding relationship with him.
 So, to sum up this post I just have to trust him because he in control and wants the best for me.  If I trust him I will grow in faith and maturity in Him.  Anyways, when life is hard God is all I have sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive