Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Suffering Post Part II

This blog entry is about suffering, hard struggles, or trials that people go through in life.  Jesus suffered on the cross so he knows even the hardest trials that we may face in this life.  He suffered so that he would know what we go through in our life.  He suffered the ultimate price, his death so that we may have life and life in him.  I've been reading this book How can a good God let bad things happen? Throughout the book one of the main themes is one of the things that I've been trying to do lately in my own trial or struggle to trust him with everything in my life and this trial I'm going through.  He wants to remind us that he will never let us go no matter the frustration or trial we are going through in our life at that moment.  He wants us to depend on him in our trials, struggles, or weakness and he will make us strong.  In Psalm 31:9-14 is filled with David's cries of grief and at the end of the Psalm he tells God he trusts him with his life.  14 says "But I am trusting in you,  O Lord, "You are my God!" God also uses suffering to help us grow and conform us to his image as it says in Romans 8:28-29.  James talks about suffering as a process for us to grow in Christ.  James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know the the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything."  James talks about trials as a testing period for our faith to grow and mature in Christ.  I think that has also happened in my life as well.  I presented/surrendered my frustration regarding my job situation and he helped me wait to this job in the fall that didn't work out but I presented myself to him and he gave me patience.  Jesus has helped me grow in maturity through presenting to him this fall and through my growth in Christ this summer.  The definition of Christian maturity that we talked about in Discovery this summer is you are able to trust God more quickly and with bigger things/situations than you did before.  God has increased my faith cup through the summer to the fall and then it grew throughout the fall by presenting and abiding in Him trying to find a job and my place in this world.  I think I have gained perseverance as James says in verse four by not giving up my job search.  He has made me more mature and complete than I thought he would by growing me in faith and trust in him.  James says in verse 12 that those who do persevere in trials will receive glory in Christ, eternal life.  I for one am excited when I will graduate to  be with Jesus whenever that will be.  Until then, I have to remind myself to depend on Him for everything I'm going through in my life and give him control, reminding myself of James 1:2-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive