Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Suffering Post Part I

I've been reading this interesting book on suffering lately and I'm really intrigued by it.  I guess because God has used some times in my life where I suffered mentally inside.  I just realized this summer and thinking about that instance in the past that God used that situation to conform me to his image.
 The main themes I've seen in this suffering book I've read is kind of similar to what God has taught me this summer that we can trust him with everything and he is in control of our lives.  Some other things I saw saw the author talks about how God is with us until the end of time and his grace never fails.  We have to hold on to him when things get frustrating or hard.
 He wants us to desperately dependent on him like God also taught me this summer.  I just need to depend on him daily with everything and surrender/give in supplication things in my life for him to conform to his image.  God is the same whether we're going through a good time in our life or bad time.  The author of the book I'm reading talks about this section in Job 2:10 where Job says if we can take the good in our life why take the bad in our life? It is awesome how Job has faith in God and praised him despite his wife saying the verse before "Curse God and die!"
  Mark Tabb says we should cling to God when we are trying to accept the good from God and bad.  We should keep hold of God even when he does not seem to be the God of love.  We have to cling to him, in the he is who he says he is all the time, even when we can't see the least of the God we know is there.  He just wants us to desperately depend on God for everything that we have! He will never let us go if it's something that we can't or won't be able to handle in life.  I'm thankful for that.
He wants us to depend on him for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive