Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spiritual Contentment

I am writing to you today about Spiritual Contentment.  I have become content in good or bad circumstances throughout the years with the ability to rejoice in these times.
God has helped be become content in any and every circumstances over the past six years.  Through different circumstances my senior year of high school to after I graduated from college he has helped me become more content with things in life.
Paul talked about this way of spiritual contentment in Philippians 4:11-12.
 It says this, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty of living in want."
He has helped me realize the he will bring me through any situation I'm in.  He has given me the assurance that he is in control and I have to trust in his provision.  I have had to rejoice in whatever situation I'm in, knowing that he used it for his purpose.  His ways are not our ways.  He has different methods of accomplishing his purpose in our life.
I have been able to be more content in him lately since graduating from college.  He has helped realize I just need to rest in him.  I have come to realize through this time that my problems are small compared to the bigness of God.  There's nothing in my life that he can't handle.
I have had the frustrations of trying to find a job over the past year.  It has also been hard trying to figure out what to do with my life.  It has been a crazy year of good and bad times all mixed together.  It has helped me at times to be content in my situation that God had put me in and know that he put me in that situation for a purpose that he had in mind.
We have to remind ourselves that we can give to him any struggle or situation we are facing in our life.  We have to rejoice in his mercy.  In this, we will know that in him he will give us life and life to the full.
The ability to be content in different circumstances is a constant process.  A process of continual rest and rejoicing in Jesus Christ.  If we bring our situations and struggles to him, he will help us become content in anything and everything in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive