Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

God's timing: a time of waiting and frustration

Today I will be blogging about something that is going on a lot in my life right now.  It is the topic of waiting for God's timing for things in life.
 It has been really hard in this past year to wait for his timing but hopefully he will give me peace when he leads to a path where he wants me to go.  In my first instance of waiting for God's timing I presented patience while I was waiting to see if this job I applied to and interviewed for in the fall would work out.  It ended up not working out but God helped me present the situation to him and therefore increased my faith in the next situation that I was in.  That is the continual presenting and abiding I have been discussing in my previous blogs.
 One thing we can remind ourselves of when faced with God's timing is the situation that Jesus our Savior was faced with he was in the dessert for 40 days with Satan tempting him.  God could give us peace after whatever situation or waiting period we were in works out.  God's timing also tacks you aback or surprises you at times.
 The other day when I found out my old Young Life leader was possibly moving to Colorado that I have known for eight years of my life.  He may be taking a job at a church up there in the high school ministry.  It's great for him and I wish him the best.  It just seemed like the announcement came out of nowhere.
  I went to Fort Worth where I went to school at TCU a couple weeks ago.  While I was there, I went to an event for the high school ministry at a church I used to go to and met the high school pastor.  I talked to him on the phone last week for an internship at the church in the high school ministry at Christ Chapel.  He said it he would get back to me in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited about the internship because I enjoy working with high school kids.  I have done Young Life for so long and feel as if I connect with kids in many aspects and love telling others about Jesus as well.
 So, in essence I wait again for God's timing to work itself out.  We will see where he leads this time.  It's so dang hard for us as humans to wait but it feels as if sometimes God uses these times in our lives to remind us that he is in control and we can depend on him for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Luke! Thanks for providing a picture of faith and I'm praying that God reveals his plan for you soon. He teaches us all to trust in his perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive