Followers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Abiding in Jesus

A concept of a way to live out life through Jesus throughout the day that God showed me this summer was abiding.  Abiding is: being aware of God's presence, being available and obedient to Him, Trusting in his resources instead of human abilites.  It is an openess and an availiability to Him.  It is like praying without ceasing that Paul discusses in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 where he can prompt us, give us direction, encourage us, or stop us if we're giving into temptation.   Essentially, abiding is an attitude of daily dependence on the Lord.  In John 15:1-5, Jesus says without him in our life daily we can do nothing of spirtual significance of own own.  We can't produce anything Godly at all if we don't abide in Jesus daily.  We won't see any fruit in our relationship with Jesus if we don't abide and present in Jesus daily.  2 Corinthians 3:5 says pretty much the same thing, our ability comes from God alone.  Apart from Jesus we can do nothing in life.  This fall I was presenting and abiding, God produced fruit/growth in my life.  This verse relates to that in James:1 2-3 "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you enounter various trials, knowing that the testing our your faith produces endurance." God also worked in my life in this past year through this verse in Romans.  It is Romans 8:28, "And we know God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those that are called according to his purpose."  He used my trial in my life of trying to find a job and another situation that dealt with a relationship to conform me to his image.  I have to remind myself daily that I need to depend on Jesus for everything in my life not just some things that I don't want to give up to Him.  When Brother Lawerence spoke to God,  he presented and abided in God and he  gave him strength and beyond.  He perfected the use of abiding in Jesus.  In his first letter, he said we must continually converse with God throughout the day by establishing ourselves in the presence of God.  He said we must do this so will not get pulled into useless banter of the day.  Abiding in summary is a daily, desperate, dependence on God for everything in our life.  I'm trying to make it a lifestyle but every day is not perfect.  I just have to remind myself God is in control and I can trust him.  Without this abiding relationship with Jesus we are nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive