Followers

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gifts

It was my birthday last week and I have been reflecting on those I have affected with my gifts.  God has gifted me with friends from all walks of life that I have been able to affect with my gifts that the Spirit blesses us with.
Paul talks about in Romans 12:3 that the Holy Spirit gives each of us in the body of Christ different gifts .  He describes the Spirit bestowing on us these gifts by his grace (12:6).  These gifts are to be used to build up others in the body of Christ.  In v. 7-8 he describes the gifts of teaching, exhortation, leading, and cheerfulness.  I believe out of those I can exhort (encourage others) and lead others well.
In the next section of spiritual gifts in Corinthians 12, Paul discusses spiritual gifts more thoroughly.  He says in verses 6-7,

6 "There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. The Holy Spirit uses each of our own gifts for his glory. Though the gifts are different, God's glory is still shown".  
Paul says in verse 11, "all these gifts are empowered by the Spirit." Each believer's gift is different and be used to build up others in Christ. In the next section he describes how not every believer has the same gift.
I believe God has gifted me with the gifts of prayer, encouragement, listening, and at times faith.  Paul describes the gift of faith in Cor 12:7 and exhortation or encouragement in Romans 12:3.  God has also gifted me with a passion for youth with some struggles in my high school days.  I also enjoy playing and watching basketball and other sports. 
I pray that God will lead me to an opportunity to use my gifts in whatever future ministry he leads me to.  I pray that God will use whoever reads this blog's gifts for his glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive