Followers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Trusting

I have learned through this past year that I have to trust God with everything I have in my life.  I feel like it's so easy to trust him with our life and for some people it could be really hard to trust God with their life.
  In college, I think I knew about the process of trusting God but I don't know if I intentionally surrendered everything to Him.  I just feel like I was just so busy throughout the day with either Young Life or school that I didn't really think about how to give this or that situation to Him.
Through D-focus last summer and trying to find a job this past year, I've seen how easy or hard it is to trust God with everything in life.  Most days for me it has been easy because I try to look back on how God has been faithful in the past.  There are also other days when it is hard to trust God with the future because I doubt whether I should be pursuing this career in my life or should I pursue that career field.  Do I have more passion for that certain area or that certain area in my life? Does God want me to have a future in this or not?
 In the book of Jeremiah, the people went through an exile period of time that Jeremiah prophesied because of their sin and the fact that they turned their backs on God.  God had compassion on the people when he told the people that he would restore them to Isarel and Judah where they were before after this period of exile.  This is where the famous verse that we talk about Jeremiah 29:11 comes from.  I feel like God's using this trial like time in my life to help me grow in faith and trust in him.  He wants me to realize his bigger plan shown in Jeremiah 29:11.
 Also, Jeremiah trusted God through the when he was receiving the prophesy from God about the people of Israel and Judah's downfall into being exiled.  The leaders of those towns wouldn't believe Jeremiah and the people would persecute him for saying those things about what would happen to him.  I feel like God has shown me evidence of his past faithfulness by certain situations.  The most recent one would be God leading me to D-focus when I had no clue what I was doing last summer.
 Three people from Young Life in Fort Worth lead me to this awesome Dicipleship Program called D-focus.  Emily Sells, Katy Park, and Jace Thompson.  Katy Park was on Young Life staff for a while at TCU and one of my best friends since I got there.  She was also on my Young Life team.  Jace Thompson was also on Young Life staff in Fort Worth.  I have gone on many retreats and work weeks with him.  I wish I got to know Emily Sells more while as an undergraduate at TCU but the one thing I did know is that she has a great heart for Christ and for others.
  God lead me to an awesome small group at D-focus while I grew in Christ that summer.  That small group included: Ray Pettigrew, Dan Anderson, Carlyle Aguren, Keegan Evans, Marty Martens, me, and Jeremy Savage.  Tuesday nights will never be the same anymore! My last memory of faithfulness of God that God has shown me is from High school. While I was a senior leader in Young Life,  I prayed for a while for a friend who I had known for a while that didn't know Jesus to come to Young Life club.   He came to Young Life club one time my last semester in High School and that time.  I am still working to lead him to Jesus.
 I have seen that trusting in God like the Christian life takes one step at a time.  Examples in Scripture indicates we should walk not run.  I just need to trust in God's timing for what he wants me to do, where he wants me to go, and how he wants to use you.  Thank you to those that read this blog!

1 comment:

  1. I like the comments that you said that we should walk and not run. I realized also that reading the word helps my trust in him grow more. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive