Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Trusting in God part II- where God wills me

Here are some other thoughts I have had lately on trusting God in certain times of life.  I feel like to have an abiding relationship with Jesus with have to trust him with minute by minute day by day things.  Trusting will not happen overnight, it is one day at a time.  Some days when I think I have been trusting God with everything I realize looking back there are some things are hard to trust him with sometimes.  I trust him with my future but I worry a lot about which path is the right one to take or if I made the right decision on something in hindsight.
 Is this where you are leading Jesus? Or do you want me to move here? Should I choose this career path in ministry or should I go into the radio/TV career field? Should I take a chance with this girl and see where it will take us in the long run? Should I not pursue or take a chance on this girl right now? Should I interview at this place or take this job? Should I pursue a career in sports whether it's on the radio or TV area?
These are all questions I have asked myself since I have graduated the university of Texas Christian or TCU to alums out there.  This is a  matter of having to trust God with all future is complicated because of all the choices we have to make in our society today.  We are bogged down with all of these decisions to make one after the other and bombarded with all these things we have to get done.  There is just so much that is thrown at us in our society today that we have to sift through and decide if that's what we want to do.  I sometimes try to pinpoint his will or where he wants me to go in life.  I just need to say to him, I trust you with my questions of the future and make a decision of the future.
 I'm reading the book Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung and it pinpointed exactly what I have been doing a lot.  In some way, I tend to have a sort of indecision of where to go in the future sometimes.  I just need to remind myself that he is trustworthy with everything in life because of past experiences seeing his faith. I just need to focus on my growth in him and his conforming me to his image as seen in Romans 8:28-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive