Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Presenting and Abiding in Christ

Surrendering to God becomes natural when we can see God's power and presence in our lives.  God brings certain trials in our lives to show us how much we need him.  God uses those trials to show us why it is needed that we surrender to him in view of his mercy toward us and abide in him daily.
God used the trial of a car wreck in high school and specific transition after college to bring me to a point of daily surrender to him.  These times in my life have shown me specifically who God is and that he will never give up on me throughout my life.  Through these times, God gave me the realization that he is in control of my life and he is sovereign.  He made truths I have not come to grips with before become real to me.  Lastly, I was able to see the power and immensity of God's working in my life.
Presenting is a simple daily process in a Christian's life.  When we are presenting things to God and surrendering to him, then we are abiding in Christ.  Through this process, God will transform us into Christlikeness.  Daily abiding in Christ produces that fruits of the Spirit discussed in Galatians 5:22-23.  Lastly, when abiding becomes natural to us then we are slowly becoming mature Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive