Followers

Thursday, September 4, 2014

God's movement

God's presence is power, mighty, holy, and overpowering.  It can overwhelm us and overtake us at times.  Other times, it can bring us to our knees.  Lately, God is showing me to just rest in his presence and power and he will move in my life.
God has been reminding me that I have to trust in his goodness and power to overcome in my life.   It says in Ephesians 3:20, "he is bigger than we can ask or imagine according to the power that is at work within us."  As Paul reminded the church of Ephesus of how they were before Christ I have to daily reflect on God's power and what he has done in my life.  I have overcome so much in my life already.  God promises to keep doing great things through me all of my life.
 God still has great plans for me in my life. Philippians 1:6 says, "God will continue working in you until the day of Christ Jesus." If we surrender to God daily and abide him he will conform me to his image.  Romans 8:29 describes this conforming process that God does in my life when we do present and abide in him daily.
Lastly, I have to trust in God's plan for me and my life.  God does things in his timing not ours.  We may want everything laid out for us but God waits us to wait for him to provide for us.  God has something planned for us that we could not know or imagine.  Trusting in God's timing is the hardest thing to do because Jesus had to wait 40 days when tempted by the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive