Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

God's mercy

When I think about who God is and his attributes I think of his tender mercy.  His mercy is so vast, so pure, so divine.  He has had mercy on me on the deepest, darkest, times of my life.
God's grace and mercy are interchangeable in nature.  It says in Psalm 145:8-9, NASB "The Lord is gracious and merciful; slow to anger and great in lovingkindness. The Lord is good to all. And his mercies are over his works." God does not treat us as we deserve but shows mercy on us when we sin and in hard times in our life.  God is still good at all times and his love endures through all the earth.  He is still on the throne through all the ages.
God has showed me mercy and love in times of my life when I needed him.  During the junior year of high school I got in my first car wreck.  The other person was injured and went to the hospital because I could not judge how far along they were in the intersection.  God showed me mercy because I did not get injured during the car wreck and the other person was not injured badly.  God used my Young Life leader and best friends from high school to pursue me during that hard time in my life and turn my heart back to following the Lord after falling away for a bit.
God showed me his grace and mercy in providing me a job during various times of my life.  Through his provision and grace I am able to see that God is still loving me and caring for me daily.   God is still on his throne every day.  He provides for me through the pleading of his Son, Jesus Christ.  Jesus shows his grace upon us Romans 5:8, "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
As I close this blog I hope you can remember God's grace and mercy daily.  God's compassion and mercy never fail and his mercy is endless.  Our God showers grace on us every day.
How can you seek out God's grace and mercy today? What are ways we can see God's grace in our life? How have you seen God's mercy in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive