Followers

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Trusting God in the here and now

This time in my life of waiting where God is leading me to serve him and waiting on the future since graduating from Southwestern seminary in Fort Worth, TX has been a hard time.  It has been a time where I have had to trust God with the here and now.  It is a reminder that that God knows what I need throughout the day and he will provide for me in my life.
I was reading the story of how Jesus walks on water today.  God called out Peter to come to him on the water at the beginning of the story and Peter was afraid because of the storm. Peter was scared to take a step out when he walked on the water.  Jesus calls Peter out for his weak faith. Our God can calm the wind and the storms in our life.
During the storms in our life, we have to trust that God will lead us where he wants us to go, where he wants us to serve him, and the future for our lives.  God has a plan for us even when we don't know it at the time and will use these times to conform us to his image; Romans 8:28-29. When we trust him during these times, God will increase our faith and maturity in him.  Through this our dependence and trust on him will grow and deepen.
How is God calling us to trust him daily? What is God desiring us to trust him more in our life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive