Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

In this new year

In this New Year, I want to to grow deeper in my walk with Christ in all that I say and do.  I want Non-Christians to want to know about this Jesus that I speak of when I serve in ministry and in telling others about Jesus everywhere I go.  In this year, I don't want to have any goals to speak of, I just want God to change my character so I will be like him day by day.
In the first way I hope to grow in Jesus Christ is reading the Bible backwards and forwards.  I need to deepen myself in memorizing Scripture on a more consistent basis.   I feel as if God is calling me out of my little comfortable box to serve him in any capacity that he wants me to.  God is also saying to me to not be complacent in my walk with him but be diligent in all that I say and do. God wants me to put him at the center of my life daily.
My evangelism teacher taught us last semester to be bold in sharing the gospel wherever wherever we are and wherever we go in life.  Lately, I have been trying to share the gospel with my brother.  I also have been trying to pursue my parents back to a committed relationship with Jesus and back to church again.  Also, as I go into future ministry with seminary coming up, I think God is calling me to be more intentional in sharing about him.  I have been praying about going into YL ministry after seminary.
Lastly, I feel led to say that I don't want any specific goals in the New Year I just want God to change my character and keep maturing in me.  I want him to keep working in me until the day of Christ Jesus like it says in Philippians 1:6.  I was reading this book over prayer during the holidays and the author was talking about how God was saying to him that he didn't want him to have any goals in the New Year.  The author said that God said to him that he just wanted to change his character.
That is want I want more than anything else in this next year.  If our character is not changed by God, then we will not be able to grow and him and do great things through him.  We as the body of Christ have to depend on God for all things in our life. In John 15:5, Jesus says "Apart from me you can do nothing."  Through this dependence on God, maturation and growth in our character takes place; Romans 8:28-29.  Well I hope everyone that reads these are desperately dependent on God for everything in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive