Followers

Sunday, December 23, 2012

What Jesus means to me

In honor of this Christmas season I a writing a special blog post.  This post will entail what my relationship with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, means to me.
I am doing this because God sent his Son, born of a humble virgin birth so we could have life in him;1:34-35.  Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and died on the cross for our sins.  Isaiah 53:6 says "We all are like sheep that have gone astray, each of us has turned to turned our own way, and the Lord has laid on him the iniquities of us all."  Chris Tomlin says in his song Jesus Messiah that he is the Lord of over all things.  He reigns in and over all of our lives.  Jesus is our Messiah; the King of Kings, Immanuel.
Jesus became flesh and lived among us so God could have a relationship with us.  John 10:10 says in Jesus we have life and life abundant.
Jesus has been my rock in some of the hardest times of my life. He brought me through a the time in my life my junior year of high school after a car wreck.  He helped me re-dedicate my life to him at the beginning of my senior year of high school.  Jesus also brought me through that time in my life after I graduated from college when what I thought I was going to do didn't work out.  I depended on him, presented my situation to him, then he gave me his direction in my life and showed me he is sovereign over all things.
He also changed my circumstances from a year long internship program I was going to do and led me to D-focus.  Jesus used this changing of circumstance for my good; he used that summer to help me become mature in my walk with him.  I developed a daily, desperate, abiding, relationship with God through that summer at D-focus.  I also grew in him through that next year of my life when I was unsure about the future.
This is what Jesus means and to me and my life.  What does Jesus mean to you my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive