Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jesus is our Peace

We ended this Bible study today with the question of how is Jesus been your Peace in your life?
In this study we have been discussing the seven weeks prior in Jesus' resurrection.  Today, we discussed Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead and his triumphal entry in Jerusalem.  Jesus came in on a donkey though most people in the city thought he would come in riding a war horse.  An earlier prophecy said that Jesus would bring peace to people's lives; though Jesus said I come not to bring peace but a sword.  "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I did not come to bring peace but a sword."
The earlier week we discussed around our table how Jesus has brought conflict into our lives.  In Matthew 10:26 it says "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
My favorite definition of peace is found in Philippians 4:6-7.  It says, Be anxious for nothing be in everything in prayer and supplication present your requests to God, and peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
In my life, Jesus has given me peace when I have presented or surrendered a situation to him.  I surrendered to him to the situation of my future after I graduated from college.  He gave me peace when he closed down the door to a job of Broadcast Journalism.  Jesus gave me peace through that time in my life in giving me this peace that transcends all understanding.
Jesus also gives us peace in times of waiting.He also gave me peace all of a sudden when I wasn't expecting it when I was waiting for a class to go through to graduate college.
Jesus has also given me peace when making decisions in relationships.  Also, this peace comes in any shape or form of anything.  It is just a simple, feeling that comes over us.  It can last from a week, to days, to years.
It is a marvelous thing to comprehend.  We cannot understand the peace that God gives us.  The only thing we as Christians can do is let it overwhelm us and filter in our lives.  Lastly, we have to present and abide in our daily relationship with Jesus.  We are desperately dependent on him for everything.
Jesus is our peace in our life... We can't take this for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive