Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2022

This year as whole

This year has been a growing year personally for me.   First, growing and learning through Heart of Dating on how to date.   Second, growing in trusting God in his leading for a Children's Ministry position. Third, growing in using my gifts to teach the Bible.     God has used my mentor the Children's Pastor to encourage me to trust in God's sovereignty for the Children's Ministry position that God is calling me to.   He has also used the friends he has given me to encourage me in seeking God's will in this area of my life.  
God used Heart of Dating ministry this past year to grow me as a guy in leading a godly woman in a relationship.   God also grew me in HOD through the fellowship of the Men's Group and JJ Tomlin in leading as a man.  That time on Wednesday night was a time that pivotal time for me and a time of fellowship that I looked forward to every week.   Also, the weekly podcasts have equipped me in growing me rejection, relationship struggles, other various Christian dating aspects, and leading women in a godly relationship.  Now, I am currently in a relationship with a godly woman because of HOD.  
Second, I have gone through struggles of seeking the Lord's will for a Children's Ministry position.   I had an in-person interview for this Children's Ministry position at a campus site of this big church in Arlington in April this past year.   I thought the interview went well and I answered the questions with examples of my past experiences.  Through it all, God has reminded me to trust in his timing and leading in my life.  The Children's Pastor at FBC Irving reminded that God is still good and his timing is good, pleasing, and perfect in our life.  
Recently, the Children's Pastor gave me some more upfront teaching experience.   It was really great to be able to teach upfront to the kids and practice teaching through a simple lesson about miracles.   I was nervous at first but God gave me the strength to recall my points and get back on track.   I was able to finish the lesson well and ask good questions.   Then, I summarized and closed the lesson well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive