Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Submit to God's Will

 God reminded me today that when I surrender to his will for my life that he will direct me.    I had planned to go straight to church from the bus.  I had planned to go straight from getting off the bus to the church but someone got my attention that was struggling.   At first I thought this guy said he needed to go to the hospital but he saw my Bible and asked me if I was going to church.  I said Yes, I was then proceeded to tell him where it was exactly.  He seemed like he was struggling and told me he told me he needed time with Jesus so I said he could come to church.  

Next,  I helped him walk to First Baptist Irving.   I tried to stay out in front of him to keep feet distance and keep my mask on most of the time since we had just met.   Also,  I tried to stay in front of him because I did not know his background.   Along the way there he told me he had become a believer a few weeks ago.  While walking to the church, I tried to get to know him and his story. 

When we had arrived to church, I told Michelle Stanfill that I invited Patrick who was struggling with a lot of things.   Patrick ended up sitting in the back row of the church.   I said hi to John Eastham to Children's Minister that I serve with.   Then Michelle went and grabbed some coffee for Patrick.   A little while later,  I talked to Patrick for a little bit before the service started.  

The next part of my story occurs when the service starts.  I ushered people to Myles who helped them find their seats.   I did this until the service started at nine a.m.   We had a great time of prayer and worship during the service.  It seems like Patrick enjoyed the service and sermon by Pastor Moises.  

After the service had ended,  I asked Patrick if he needed a ride.  At that time my friend Aaron who I had served the day before in showing him how to prayer walk and share on Saturday said to me, "Do you need a ride."  Then, Pastor Wayne, the Administration Pastor ushered us out of the sanctuary because we could not be congregating in there.   Aaron and I walked to his car and we saw Patrick walking the other direction.    Aaron waved at Patrick to come to the car toward us and he said to Patrick, "Hey man I don't know you're story but I'll give you a ride where you need to go.

During the car ride,   we shared with Patrick and encouraged him in his desire to pursue God.  Aaron told his story of how he pursued drugs and worthless things in his life.   Patrick told us of how he had recently become sober.   He stopped using some specific type of drugs but I do not remember what it was.    It seemed like God was moving in Patrick life during the car ride because he opened up to us about his struggles.  

We ended up giving Patrick a ride to his dad's house in Fort Worth area.   While in the car,  Patrick told us of his struggles over the past 24 hours.   Everyone he had met did not treat him well from people taking his stuff to beating him up.   They people that did not treat him well could be attributed to the crowds in the story of the paralytic that looked for the distance.   In the story of the paralytic man,  I was the man's friends that brought him to Jesus.    It snowed non-stop from Irving to Forth Worth to drop off Patrick.   

When we finally dropped off Patrick at his dad's house,  it had snowed a couple off inches.   We took a picture with Patrick in the snow when we arrived to his house.     It was a cool picture of us bringing someone before Jesus and then he does a work in Patrick's life.   Also,  his dad opened the door it had the feel of the the son coming home to the dad in the story of the prodigal man.  We told his dad of how we met him in Irving and gave him a ride home.    It was cool seeing the father opening up the door for the son and welcoming him back.   

The story ends with Aaron and I praying for Patrick as we traversed back to Irving in the snow.   We prayed that he would turn away from his old sin nature.   That God would sustain him with the ability to stay sober away from drugs.    We thanked God for the ability to share,  love, and serve Patrick last Sunday.   We took one last picture in the snow and enjoyed the snow in Texas.  

This story reminded me that I need to daily seek God's will for my life.   I desperately am seeking where God's calling me in life that I forget his will is more important.   Also,  at times I will put church as more important than other people.   I was reminded of the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus says, "your kingdom come,  your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."   I need to daily seek him for opportunities to share with what God has done in my life despite what hardship I am facing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive