Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Content with who I am: God has given me all I need for life and Godliness

God has called me to be content in him and my walk with him.  God has given me all that I want and need for life through Godliness.  He gives me what I need through his Holy Spirit to mature us in him.  He grows us in his Holy Spirit and matures us in him.  We do not need another person to grow in Christ.  God will give us that person in his timing.
Peter says in 2 Peter 1:3-7 that his divine power has given us everything in life and godliness.  Also, in verse four Peter says he has called his into his into his family so he could give us his promises.  In the next two verses Peter describes how God gives us faith and perseverance through godliness.  Through this godliness he matures in his self-control, kindness, and love.  These occur as we grow in our walk with Jesus Christ.
Contentment is about knowing Jesus is all we need for life and godliness.  God will mature us in him whether we have a wife or not.  We have to rely on his Spirit for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive