Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I Can Only Imagine

I will do a short two week series on the movie I Can Only Imagine.  Today I will discuss the first thing the movie showed me.  It is something pertaining to my life. 
The first concept the movie showed me was to chase my dreams.  It deals with the lead singer's dad wanting the lead singer to follow in his foot steps and play football.  The dad abuses the lead singer throughout the early part of his life.  The dad tells the son to follow his dreams to get enough to make a living.  When he was in a play in high school and pursuing music, his dad was not interested in what he was doing.  His dad pushes him away because he was following his dreams like his dad said.
Then later in the movie when the dad comes to Christ and they reconcile, this pushes him to follow his dreams.  The lead singer writes the now famous song "I can Only Imagine."  At the end of the movie his dad pushes him to lead into his passion of his music career and follow his dreams.  It reminds me of my life and how I cannot give up my dreams to serve God.  God wants me to keep pursuing my dreams and passions because he has a plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive