Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Desperately Dependent on Jesus

Reading through the Discipleship Focus study on reminded me of how much I need to be desperately dependent on God for everything in life.  John 15:5, says "without depending on our relationship with God we can do nothing" of eternal significance.  This means we need God every hour of the day for all things in life.
God calls us to depend on him for our thought life.  In Psalm 19:14, King David says, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in your sight, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer." King David acknowledges the our thought life and the things that come out of our mouth has to be acceptable and pleasing to God.  God calls us to surrender all desires that are not of him.  In 1 Corinthians 6:20, Paul reminds us that we are bought with a price.
In another aspect, we have to be desperately dependent on God for God's will for our life.  God promised a future in the Israelites in Jeremiah 31:11.  He helped them see through the prophet Isaiah that he will restore all things to the people and give them a future.  This is a promise that I need to remind myself of when I am asking for God's guidance on a future ministry position.  God has been using the past couple years in a small part time volunteer role at church and he will use me in whatever full time position he leads me to.
Lastly, Proverbs 3:5-6 helps us trust God with these struggles with our future.  This verse helps remind us to trust God with all we have.  Also, it helps us see that God will lead us when we trust him with the future.
I hope you are encouraged about this blog.  These are some things I am struggling with and God is teaching me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive