Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

God's ability to produce Godliness

God has used different ways and things in my life to produce Godliness in me.  He has used these things and ways to produce maturity in me as a believer.
One main way in which God has produced Godliness in my life is through his guidance.  Proverbs 3:5-6, says that we should "trust in the Lord with all of our heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."  Trusting in God's ways and not own will produce Godliness in our lives daily.
A time in my where this was evident was after I graduated from college when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.  I thought I wanted to go into Broadcast Journalism but God had other plans.  God closed down that area of my life when the jobs I interviewed for did not work out.
God helped me trust and surrender this situation to him.  He reminded me that his plans are greater than mine when I gave control to God. I presented this situation in an abiding nature of submission to God after what I wanted to do didn't work out.  After I presented the situation, God gave me faith and also a peace of mind during that time in my life.  It was during this time in my life that God really showed me what an abiding, maturing, relationship with him is and I truly became a friend of God.
God used the things I learned before that time in my life at D-focus to prepare me to be able to trust him.  I gained a clear understanding of how to surrender/present things to God with an attitude of supplication.  This study showed me how much God loves us and wants us in a daily desperate dependent relationship with him.  If we are depending on God daily, then he will give us the strength to trust him with all of our life.  We can't do anything our own, all we have in this life comes from Jesus, the Vine.
The last area of my life in which this was evident was during my junior year of high school.  I was going through a hard time in my life at the time when I had just gotten into a car wreck.  I was really doubting the meaning of life, my faith, and why this happened to me.  God used some friends from high school that God put in my life that previous summer to help me trust in him again.  During the beginning of my senior year, I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ.   God used that time in my life of doubt and frustration to help me so that would be able to trust him in the future.
We as Christians cannot produce any Godliness on our own in our lives.  We are the vine, and we are the branches.  Depending on Jesus Christ in all that we do will produce lasting eternal Godliness in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive