Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

God's grace

God's grace has been showered on me in the hardest times of my life.  These are times when I was frustrated at God for what happened to me during that time.  In the end I look back and realize in God was working during these times in my life.
The first time in my life where God's grace was over me was during my high school years when God led me to Frontier Ranch through the encouragement of Loren Jones, who was on Young Life staff.  I don't know where I would be today if I didn't go to Frontier Ranch the summer of my sophomore year of high school.  I gave my life to Jesus Christ during that week in July of 2004. I had gone to church all of my life, but it was then at that time that I finally came to realize the depth of my depravity, sinful nature, how much God loves me, who God is, and how to have a relationship with him.  God also led me to my best friends from high school during that time in my life.
Another example of God's grace upon my life was during the middle of my junior year of high school.  I was a month into my driving experience in during that time.  I got into a car wreck while I was driving home from school that day.  I was driving from Briarmeadow crossing to Cline Primary by my house.  I was not able to judge the distance between the other person and myself before I hit a woman in the other vehicle. The woman went to the hospital but was not injured very bad.
God's grace was over me during the time in my life due to the fact that God sustained my health and had mercy, compassion over me.  In hindsight, God kept me alive for a reason.  I did not know what the reason was at the time because I was not a in good state mentally from the accident.
I found out during my senior year in high school that I have a disability that affects my ability to judge distances that are far away.  This may have caused my fist wreck during my junior year of high school, as well as the one following at the beginning of my senior year.
God's grace is a gift and we need to cherish it.  He gives us mercy in times of trouble and hardship.  Our God is a compassionate God that shows his love to us even in the hardest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive