Followers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Faith

As I start out this post I will this God has given me more faith in the past year through certain hard situations.  When I first started out as a young Christian, my faith was just a needle or a thimble.  However, since last summer my faith has increased dramatically.  First, Dicipleship Focus last summer taught me in terms of faith that I need to present situations to God and he will conform them to his image.  He will give me the faith to make it through hard times.  He will help my faith grow, if I present a situation to him.
  Second, this past year I have been able to present more situations to God because of the past things I have seen God do.  It has been a hard year for me looking for jobs but I have been able to trust God more and gain perseverance that James talks about in chapter one. This faith in Christ we have to to cling to.  It grows stronger as we apply the things James talks about in chapter one verses 1:2-4.  We 1. present a situation 2. God gives us faith 3.
  We gain more faith through these and other past experiences that we have in life.  Christian maturity is the ability to present more and more situations to God than we did in the past.  That, I have been able to do.  That is why, in the past year, I have gained a level of maturity in Christ.  We have to cling to faith and trust in Christ even though times may be hard in our life in whatever we are going through.
That is also a lesson of Job, we have to cling to Christ in times of need in our lives.  He is in control and we have to trust him.  Job finally realized that at the end of the book and we have to realize this at all times in our lives.  God's not only in control of the good times but the bad, frustrating, and hard days in our lives.  I just have to trust him and cling that level of faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive