Followers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Changing my circumstances

Today I will be blogging about D-focus, a great time in my life.  I am discussing this event because around this past week on Wednesday and Thursday is when people started arriving.
Last year, God changed my circumstances and led me to one of the greatest experiences in my life and biggest growth in Christ.  I had planned on doing the year long internship at Frontier Ranch that year.  I was so sure that I would get the internship because I knew some of the property staff from work week, taking kids to camp, and work crew at Frontier.  It was hard getting rejected by one of my favorite Young Life camps.
Katy Park and Jace Thompson talked to me about doing Dicipleship Focus in Branson, Missouri a week or two before I found out I didn't get the internship.  At first I wasn't sure about it but in about a week I prayed about it.   I took a chance trusting God and applied for D-focus.
Emily Sells also reminded me and kept asking me if I had applied yet during the time that I wasn't sure about it.  She told me of the great fun that I would have there, though at that time I didn't know how fun it would be.  She told me of the great experience she had there and the impact the time there that it made on her.  Emily Sells was a great friend to me that summer, writing letter after letter just to see how I was doing at the Notch.
God changed my circumstances because he wanted me to grow in him.  He changed my circumstances so he could direct and re-direct me to where the wanted me to go.  He closed one option of his will in my life to lead me a greater option last summer.
In hindsight I did not know that I would be going to this great experience of Dicipleship Focus ahead of time.   Only God knew where I needed to be last summer.
He lead me to D-focus to remind me that I can't make in this life on my own.  I have to be desperately dependent on Him for everything.  He is in control of our lives and we can trust him with everything.  I learned how easy it is to abide and Practice in the Presence of God.  I became more mature through the summer at Notch Pines and now have the ability to present any situation to him.  He has given me faith to make it in this life.
Last summer, I was one of the first people at Notch Pines to arrive and the last to leave.  It is when I arrived my small group leader picked me up and would become one of my great friends last summer.
The first person I met from my cabin Keegan Evans would also be in my small group.  My best friend from that summer, Carlyle Aguren, on the Friday when we first arrived at the Notch.  We bonded throughout last summer.  It was God and God alone that brought us together.
To sum up this post I want to say that God uses interesting ways so we can understand and know him better in our life.  The changing of circumstances was accomplished for his purpose alone.  He uses things for his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive