Followers

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Habbukk

 The book of Habbukk shows that we can cry out to God with our complaints.  It is okay to question God with our frustrations in life.    God wants us to bring our doubts, cares, frustrations, to him every day.  He wants to know what is going on in our life.  The book of Habbukk also shows that it is okay to question God why certain things are happening.  Lastly, the book helps us see it's okay to ask God why wicked people are thriving.

In Habbukk's prayer at the end of the book in Chapter three, he remembers God's glory, power, and majesty.   He remembers God's good deeds and what he has done for us people.  He remembers how God delivered his people.   He recalls how God is over creation and the seas.  Lastly, Habbukk is in awe of how God judges all things.  

He closes by saying that he will rejoice in the Lord and he will have joy in God my savior.  Verse 18 says, "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord.  I will be joyful in my God my savior."  Ha Habbukk is able to rejoice in God despite the circumstances and put his joy in the Lord.    Lastly, Habbukk says, "The Sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet is of a deer; he enables me to tread on heights."  This shows Habbukk's full confidence and trust in God.   He trusts in God despite the circumstances. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive