Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2022

How to Get A Date Worth Keeping

 The new Henry Cloud book has helped my personal perception on dating.   It has changed my overall perspective on dating in general.   It has reminded me how I do not need to rush dating and marriage.   Marriage will happen for me in God's timing and his purposes.    In our culture, we always want to rush everything.    In my parent's traditional culture, you find someone early in life and you settle down with that person.  

I like how he makes the analogy of Tiger Woods rushes straight to the U.S. open but he does not do the other tournaments.   If we do not date other people and explore, then we are rushing to the end.   Cloud talks to a woman in the book who wants to rush finding a husband.   She tells Henry that she cannot wait for finding a husband.  We cannot rush future marriage.   Cloud helps us see if we rush marriage, we won't be able to get to know ourselves in dating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive