Followers

Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Institute- at First Irving- 1 Timothy 3

 God has been using the Institute at First Baptist Irving to reaffirm my call to serve him in ministry.   I am thankful for the leadership of Pastor Jared Richard.   I am thankful that the church set up this gathering of those in the church that desire to learn about gospel centered ministry.    This morning reminded me that our character and how we lead comes before being a great teach of the Bible.   Pastor Jared discussed how character of a pastor/elder is more important than having great charisma.   

Also,  discussing these qualities reminded how important it is to lead others well.   We have to represent Christ inside and outside of the church.     Jered mentioned a point that stood out to me as well.  He said if you're character is out of line,  you're not qualified.    It remined me how we need to model the character of Christ.    These character traits we discussed can influence others for godliness when we are growing in Christ.  

This meeting showed me God is maturing these character traits in me.   It reminded me that God's timing is not my timing as well.  Many leaders in the Bible had to wait on God for the appropriate time to serve him in ministry.   God has been molding me into spiritual maturity described in Colossians 1:28.   He has been using this waiting period in my life to mature my faith and character to become into the image of Jesus Christ.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive