Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Contentment in God


Contentment in what we have
April 10, 2020- Luke Urban- Philippians 4:10-13;1 Timothy 6:6-7
  As I have been praying, God has been that I need to be content in who I am in Christ and it has been frustrating waiting God for a full-time job. At times, I have a sense of discontentment about not finding a wife.  As a single guy, I desire a companionship of a wife and a godly woman to serve Christ with.   Paul had this source of contentment in while he was in prison.  In Timothy, Paul tells his mentee Timothy to be content in what you have.
Paul had this level of contentment in whatever situation that he was in.  He was not moved by a changing situation or hardship that would come his way.  Paul describes this level of contentment in Philippians 4:11-12, saying “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”  This story from the book of Philippians helps me realize that I need to be content in what God has done in my life and he will give me what I need in his timing.   When I rest in who God is, he will give me what I need.
It is important we find contentment in our monetary situation.  Paul tells Timothy, “But godliness with contentment is a great gain.” He goes on to say God has already provided us food and clothing, so we need to be content with that.   God will meet our monetary and physical needs. 
Dear Father, I pray we can be content with what we have.  Give us to the strength to be content that you are all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive