Followers

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Pray Passionately

This morning at church Dr. Dean reminded us of how much we need to pray fervently and passionately during the dark times of our life.  He used the story from Luke 22:39-46 when Jesus prayed passionately during a dark time in his life.  When he prayed, sweat dropped from his brows.  This showed how passionately he was praying to the Father during this time.   Dr. Dean also reminded us of how Jesus prayed for his companions/disciples during this time.  In our dark times, we are to have prayer partners who are with us during these times in our life.  In this same respect, Dr. Dean painted a picture of how we need to pray with passion, diligence, fervency, and desire during dark times in our life.  All in all, God revealed to me today that I need to have a passionate dependency on him this coming week for him to lead me in some important areas in my life.  I know that he is in control and he is working in my life.  The main thing is that I need to cry out to him more to lead me to the right job for me.  We are desperately dependent on Jesus for everything we need in life and he is all we need.  God reminded me of how much I need to daily depend and abide in him: John 15:5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive