Followers

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Idols in life

Through the Jeremiah message God reminded of the former idols I have placed in my life.  I used to put sports and worldly things as idols.  Sometimes, those things are still idols at times but now I am able to put Christ at the center and not focus on those things are my source of joy and inspiration.  Another idol in my life that has popped up over the past few years was marriage and before that girls. I put them on a pedestal too high and have focused on these idols that can and will consume you.
 The first main idol was sports were my idol and only desire early in life before I became a believer.  That is the only thing I really cared about.  Early in high school and pre-teen years I wanted me be a star basketball player.  That did not happen early in my high school years as I was cut from the basketball team.  God had other plans for my life.  I gave my life to Jesus Christ at the end of the summer of my Sophomore year of High School.
The other main idol in my  life was girls and marriage.  I put girls on a pedestal before anything and everything in my life.  I feel into the trap of lust and it's effects for a short time.  Also, I had become obsessed with marriage and not very content.  God has been teaching me to be more content in him and rest in him.
It is important we daily destroy the idols in our life. That was what Jeremiah preached against and God's calling on his life.  We have to destroy all idols that are pulling us away from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive