Followers

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Romans 8:28-29- suffering for his glory

God has used hard circumstances in my life to conform me to his image.  Through these trying times he has molded me to the person he wanted me to be.  These times have helped me mature in my walk with Jesus Christ.
God used my driving struggles in high school to conform me to his image.  He used that time of suffering in my life for his glory.  Through that time, God pushed me closer to him.  God was still faithful even through those struggles.  God still worked in my life in a really hard time in my life.
God also used frustrating circumstances after I graduated from college to lead me to D-focus and shortly after that lead me to seminary.  D-focus helped me see how much I needed to depend and abide in Christ in all circumstances.  I grew in my walk with God in all aspects of my life.  God changed my circumstances from this YL year long internship to do D-focus.  D-focus helped change my outlook in my walk with God.
Also, after college God led me from doing Broadcast Journalism to seminary.  God showed me that he will use me to accomplish something bigger than myself.  He also helped me realize that I have gifts and talents that he wants to use for his glory.  He reminded me that despite my struggles his grace is sufficient for me.  He gave me the verse Ephesians 3:20 to help me realize that only God can do great things in me and not myself.
Lastly, it is important to remember that God will use things in our lives to conform us to his image.  God is bigger than we ask or imagine.  We have to trust in his plans for our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive