Followers

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time of Fasting

Today I'm going to be blogging about a time of fasting that I recently.  It reminded me of my utter dependence on God.  Also, I will be describing of how I it was revealed to me that I need to surrender and consecrate myself to God daily and give up my life to him for my future.
The definition of consecration is to make sacred or dedicate to some purpose.  I made sacred the time with God in committing to him my life and the nation.  In the Old Testament, priests consecrated the temple and the things in it to God.  In Strong's concordance, the words for consecration means nezer; something set apart, a dedication ( a priest or Nazirite), a chaplet of royalty, of hair, and a crown.
In this fast, I prayed for myself, our nation, the trip that I went on last summer to Thailand, and friends that are serving God globally.  This time, reminded me of our destitute and sinful nature and we all need God.  Also, God made me kneel at this feet throughout the day.  He helped me see I am nothing at all without my relationship with him.  Lastly, it gave me an overall perspective of my relationship with God.
The fast ended with God leading me to read the D-focus study of my sinful nature.  He reminded me that I am sinful and couldn't do anything without him.  We are eternally separated from God apart from our relationship with him.  2 Corinthians 3:5 TLB says Not that we are confident we can do anything on our own resources, our ability comes from God." I don't bring any godliness into my relationship with God.
God is growing me in daily.  The fast taught me of that I need God at all times throughout the day and who he is to me in my life.  Consecration is key to living in God's presence.
How does this post teach us about God's will in our life? Is there something God is revealing to us through this post? Apply this post today and consecrate yourselves to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive