Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Psalm 19

Today I will be blogging about Psalm 19. It is one of my favorite Psalms that David wrote.  It comes right after Psalm 18 where David praises God for bringing him out of the persecution of Saul.
In it, he praises God for his beauty and power throughout the universe.  This powerful description that David uses goes on from about verses 1-6 of the Psalm.   He never changes, he always stays the same throughout all of our days.
I first realized that God is this big and works in our life during my sophomore year in high school.  God lead to me this Young Life camp during the summer of my sophomore year.  One Thursday night, God revealed himself to me and helped me realize my sinful nature.  Looking back, it was the first time I recognized God in my life I looked at the sky reveling in who he is and how small we are.  
The verses I will be discussing mainly are Psalm 19:1-3.
Psalm 19 :1-2 says this, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."Day after day they pour forth speech; night after they display knowledge."
There are a 100 billion galaxies that contain a 100 billion stars in the universe.
God is too big and grand for us to handle.  His glory is too vast for us to comprehend and understand.
Psalm 19:3 3 describes God's depth and knowledge of us.
Psalm 19:3 says this, "There is no speech or knowledge where their voice is not heard."
In the same way when kids try to hide from their parents what they have done something wrong.  We as Christians can't hide from God when we have sinned.
God knows everything about us.  He knows when we fall into sin in life.  He hears our cries for mercy when everything in life is falling apart.
We have to remind ourselves of God's greatness and power in our life.  He works in us when we don't realize it.
In the New American Standard Bible 19:1 says, "The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of his hands."
How will you my readers realize God's greatness and movement in our life this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive